Friday, September 20, 2013

New Makeup


So I was at Walmart the other day and picked up a ton of Fall nail polishes, as you can see in my Fall Nail Polish Review post a few days ago.  But I also bought a few other makeup products while I was there:


This is a very, very old product that first came out in 1935!  I used this Loose Face Powder a long, long time ago, but never replaced it until now.  Some people might say this is an "older ladies product", but for something to be around for that long, they must be doing something right!  Its called Airspun Loose Face Powder by Coty.  It is a 3" wide jar with an old fashioned white powder puff inside, but I prefer to use a big fluffy brush.  You are either going to love the smell or hate it, there's no in between and to me it smells like a strong powder.  

I got the Translucent Extra Coverage so I wouldn't have to deal with matching the color of my face.  I wanted it because I have combination skin and tend to get shiny in my T-zone.  It's silky soft fine powder and it makes your face feel silky also.  So I think I'll keep using it until something better, but not expensive comes along.


With the Fall season coming up, gone are the days of the dewy, glowy face.  Matte is back for Fall ladies!  I have hit pan on my translucent pressed powder, so I decided to try Rimmel's Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder.  Again I got the color Transparent or #001.  It doesn't come with a powder puff like most of my pressed powders do, so because I keep it in my purse, I'm going to try one of my smaller sized fluffy brushes by Mirra for on the go touch ups.  It smells very clean and powdery, which I like, but I'm finding unlike the Airspun Powder, the translucent color makes my face a little more whiter than I care for and it also looks like its just sitting right on top of my face.  I'll try it again in a few days, maybe it was just a fluke that day with my skin's texture at the time.


Since the color Berry is the new lip color for the Fall, I thought I would try this one by NYC.  It's called Liquid Lipshine in Midtown Mulberry or #581.  I love the color, but the brush is the longest sponge applicator I've ever seen, so it has a lot of flexibility to it when you apply it.  I still like it, just never seen a long sponge like that one before!

The next product I bought is a single eyeshadow by Hard Candy in Solo or #519.  It is a light bronzy brown and is the softest shadow I have ever used.  Hard Candy is one of my faves for drugstore products.  I have some swatches of all three of these in the next picture.

The last thing I purchased is Rimmel's Scandal Eyes Eyeshadow Stick/Crayon in "Bad Girl Bronze" or #003.  It is a 24 hour wear and is also waterproof!  I'm not using it as an eyeshadow though, I'm using it as an eyeliner.  I draw a thick line at the base of my lids and carry it out a little further for a winged look.  It's blendable, soft and it really does last a long time.  Of course I didn't put it to the 24 hour test because I can't bring myself to sleep in makeup!  Here is a swatch of the 3 products above.


The one on top is the eyeliner crayon, then the lip color and then the eyeshadow.  They actually all go great together!  

Well, that's it for now, hope you have a wonderful weekend!  I'm still working on my Fall Trends post with pictures, so it should be done soon.  Take care!

1 comment:

Mandy Jean said...

I need to try that eye crayon! So pretty!!

Emailing you back now, btw. ;)

Take Care,
Mandy Jean