Saturday, August 6, 2011

Book Review: What I Wore



I received Jessica Quirk's book a few weeks ago and wanted to tell you what I think.  Jessica has lived such a wonderful life in the Fashion Industry at such a young age, I really admire her.  She is the reason I started my blog, so I have been reading her Blog "What I Wore" for a few months now and I look forward to it every day.

I love the way the book is organized by seasons, plus building a fully functional wardrobe a little at a time.  She starts with the basics by having you pick a core color, then adds in secondary pieces that will go with the colors of the basics.  That is why clothes with prints are so important to have in your wardrobe, which I actually had none....Eeeek!  Now I know why it is important :)  This book teaches you how to build a wardrobe so that all your clothes can be mixed and matched to make new outfits....Re-mixing in a way.  That way, you'll have no excuse to say "I have nothing to wear"! 

It has the best color illustrations drawn by Jessica herself, so talented!  I am going to start cleaning out my closet and building my wardrobe by the book, her book :-)  Can't wait to get started!  I have to give this book a thumbs up and you should definitely get it.  Have a great weekend!

Lori
xo

2 comments:

Mandy Jean said...

I think I might have to check this out!

Mandy

Lori said...

Yes, definately check it out, I think I paid around $10.00 for it and I think cover price is $18.00, also check out her Blog if you get a chance :)