Sunday, April 24, 2011

Lip Plumpers Review

I am determined to have my thin, upper lip match my bottom fuller lip!  So I bought as many different brands of Lip Plumpers as I could afford, to find one that actually works.  Here are my reviews below:

LIP FUSION XL

This one was by far the most expensive at a whopping $50.00!  I was lip desperate I'm ashamed to admit :)  I used this one for about 3 weeks, which is just a little over the time the package says it should take.  It has a nice minty smell with a sponge tip applicator.  It goes on clear and it does make your lips look very smooth, but no plumping.  Dillard's did have a 30 day money back guarantee, so for $50 that was good.

LIP FUSION LIP COLOR

This is the same product as the above, but it comes in several colors and it only costs $38.00.  I chose the color Dream and I loved the color, it was very natural looking.  The one bad thing about this one is the smell, it was awful to me.  It smelled like Lemon Pledge & mildew, and again no plumping.  Dillard's has the same guarantee on this one too.

I didn't take pictures of these 2 before I took them back, sorry.

PHYSICIANS FORMULA PLUMP POTION

This one is supposed to plump in 60 seconds.  I'm still waiting......Nothing.  It is very thick with a brush applicator.  The smell is awful though.  It too smells like mildew, so it must be an ingredient some of them share.  It has pictures on the back of Before and After, and I see no difference really.  It has Dehydrated Hyaluronic Acid Microspheres to rehydrate & lock in moisture.  It also has an Active Tri-peptide Blend to boost natural collagen production, and it has Caffeine in it.  Lips are supposed to appear fuller for a long term effect and fine lines are supposed to disappear.  The cost is $ 8.48 and I gave this one away before I took a picture of it, but I purchased it at Walgreen's.

FEMME COUTURE LIP BOOSTER PLUMPING SERUM

This one comes in Clear with a sponge applicator.  This one, to me smells like Rice Krispie Treats...seriously!  It tingles a little when you first put it on and it makes your lips very smooth.  It claims to have "plumping agents", but nothing in the ingredients sticks out to me.  It also gives your lips a cool sensation, but unfortunately no plumping.  Cost is $ 6.39 and I would definitely recommend this just for a Lip Gloss.  I purchased this at Sally's Beauty Supply.



FEMME COUTURE PLUMP UP THE COLOR

This plumper is supposed to restore Collagen, add fullness, define lip line and increase moisture.  Hydraflex moisturizer fills in lines.  I chose "Nude Burst" which is a beautiful natural color.  It smells just like the one above and leaves your lips with a cooling sensation, but still.....no plumping.  Cost is $ 6.49 and I would recommend this one also for a colored lip gloss.  Purchased at Sally's Beauty Supply.




CLAUDIA STEVENS OVERNIGHT PLUMPER

This plumper is supposed to work overnight while you sleep or 24 hours.  I reapplied it 3 times during the night in hopes to speed up the process.  It comes in a tube that you squeeze to get this white cream, and you apply with your fingers.  It has a slight peppermint smell to it, but again......no plumping.  Cost is $ 4.49 and I purchased this at Walgreen's.



PALLADIO PLUMP 'N SHINE

This one is my favorite!  One because it has no smell at all and two it has a brush applicator and goes on so smooth.  The color I chose was "Mauvey" and it's beautiful!  I am almost out and will probably buy another one I like it so much.  Cost is $ 5.39, but....you guessed it....no plumping!  Purchased this at Sally's Beauty Supply.




N.Y.C. LIPPIN' LARGE LIP PLUMPER

This one is a squeeze tube and you apply it straight from the tube.  It has a minty smell and a cooling sensation.  This is another one of my favorites, my second tube in fact.  I chose a Mauve color that is very natural looking and I love it.  Highly recommended, cost is around $ 4.00 and I purchased this at Wal-Mart .  No plumping though :(




AVON PLUMP POUT LIP GLOSS

This lip plumper has a very weird smell, but an awesome cooling sensation!  I chose "Honey Delight", which is a very natural/nude color with a slight gold shimmer to it.  This one actually gives your lips a more plump look than any of the above and I think that could be from the gold shimmer color, reflecting light.  Whatever it is, I love this one, except for the smell.  It has a brush applicator and the cost is $ 2.99, and I would definitely recommend it. 




MARK (AVON) PRO GLOSS PLUMPING LIP SHINE

This is a Plumping Lip Shine that you can use by itself or over a Lip Stain or Lipstick.  It is by Avon's company Mark, which targets more to a younger clientele (Junior Sizes).  I love this Lip Gloss by itself, it's beautiful, but again it has a weird smell like some of the ones up above.  Cost is $ 6.00 and the color is called "Smashing".




MAYBELLINE VOLUME XL SEDUCTION LIP PLUMPER

I love this Lip Plumper by Maybelline!  It advertises that lips will have 30% more volume.  The applicator twists at the bottom and the gloss comes out with each twist at the top.  I chose shade #105, which is a nude/light pink and makes your lips look full, shiny, smooth.....just ooh la la!  You can wear it by itself or over a lip color.  I prefer by itself because it's more natural.  It has a citrus smell and it tingles a little.  I highly recommend this product!  Cost is $ 7.48 and I purchased it at Wal-Mart.



AVON PERFECT WEAR PLUMP & STAY LIP COLOR

Last but not least, a Lip Plumper Duo from Avon.  First you use the lip stain on one side, which has a sponge applicator.  Then on the other side you use the clear lip plumping gloss with a brush applicator, to put over the color.  I chose "Berry Enduring" and I highly recommend this one also.  Cost is $ 3.99.




So those are my reviews on 12 Lip Plumpers.  Three of these Lip Plumpers are from Avon and I am an Avon Rep, so if you want to purchase any of the Lip Plumpers above or anything else for that matter, just go to my Avon Store.

Hope this will help you if you are wanting to try a Lip Plumper!  Have a great night!


Lori

5 comments:

irshad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! this helped ALOT! but i already had the Femme couture lip booster plumping serum and it works great for me. my upper lip was super thin and now it matches my bottom one

Lori said...

Thats great that it worked for you! I tried it for 2 weeks and nothing. I wanted my thin upper lip to match my bottom fuller one too.

Спашоп said...

Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Hydraulic pump for barber chair and Barber chair headrest. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic.Com and Spa&Equipment websites.

exercise causes diarrhea said...

Slightly sticky on the app, providing a refreshing, minty, tingling sensation with a glossy shimmer. Makes the lips full and plump, while it provides a long lasting fresh glow.