Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Mascara Review




I needed a new mascara desperately, so I looked at some reviews on You Tube and chose 2 that I thought were the most liked and 1 more that I have always had good luck with, but it's an updated version.  I tried to take pictures of the mascara on my eyes, but I have not mastered that one yet, sorry :)




The first one is one that I have liked ever since they started with L'oreal Voluminous Lashes is L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess....whew that was a mouth full!!  I do like this one, but it's not my favorite out of the 3.  It is good maybe if you want a light touch of mascara, because that is what one coat gives you, very light, but clump free.  I added a second coat and it was a lot better, but don't wait to long to put the 2nd coat on because it dries fast and you could get clumps.  What I do like about this is the way it makes your lashes feel light as a feather, with it's brush having both long and short bristles for good separation.  The packaging is beautiful in red and gold metallic and the smell of it was like a sweet perfume.  It was $7.99 at Target and I would recommend it to someone just starting out applying makeup.




The 2nd one is L'oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza, which is fairly new.  This one got a lot of good reviews on You Tube.  This brush intimidated me, seriously I was afraid to use it, quit laughing :)  It was not like any other brush I had ever seen, but it's called a double wing shape.  You are supposed to use one wing side to apply the first coat root to tip, then you flip it over and do the same and it is supposed to fan out your lashes.  This is just with one coat.  The wings in the brush are like little combs to separate each lash.  My opinion, I love this little scary, intimidating brush because of what it does to your lashes.  I highly recommend it!  It gave me a fanned out look like it said it would.  I personally like it better with 2 coats for a more dramatic look. The packaging is red and silver metallic and it smells just like the one above, like a sweet perfume.  It was also $7.99 at Target.




The 3rd and last mascara I bought is Covergirl Bombshell Volume by Lashblast.  This is the fattest mascara I've ever seen in my life!  It has 2 sides to it with a big #1 and #2 on each side.  This one has 2 steps to it, hence the numbers, so if you can't count, your too young to be reading this post ;)   First, you load on side #1 for unbelievably big volume, their words not mine ;) Then you use side #2 to seal in with one coat for an intense, dark, all day finish.  I put on the first coat, side #1 and I thought "I don't like this, it barely got any mascara on my lashes".  Then I used side #2 and this is what makes them thicker and actually darker!  I love this one too!  This mascara was $8.99 at Target, but luckily I had a $2.50 off coupon.

OK, my favorite out of the three?  (Drumroll please.....drum drum drum drum drum)  The winner is L'oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza with Covergirl Bombshell being a very close 2nd :)

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!!

xo Lori Michelle

No comments: